Wednesday 14 October 2009

New plaster 3

Three posts in one day, must be some kind of record!

Not sure I like the new plaster. It sets pretty quickly and I can't say what it's truly like until tomorrow when some of it will be properly dry but it's a bit of a pain to work with. It's lighter than the Stonecast and sets quicker, oh and it's cheaper, which are all positives. However on the other end of the spectrum it sets quicker which makes it awkward to avoid air bubbles and I suspect lighter = weaker. That said however, in 3/4 more casts I'll have all the walls done for the game :) Unfortunately I still have about 20 more casts to get all the floors done :(

I have also laid out the first third of the board to test how it looks and the layout. It's brilliant, which is something of a relief. Everything was fine on paper but until you actually have a working section in front of you, it's still an unknown. I have decided to change one thing though, the walls will no longer be atached to the tiles. This will make it easier to store and make the board more flexible as I'll also be able to make tiny corridors and huge rooms equally well for dungeon crawl type games. It does mean the tiles will no longer rotate but as the walls can just be picked up, that's not really a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment