Sunday 11 October 2009

Success! Problems.......

I got the molds back and started casting them. It's a success, I can knock out lots of walls and floor tiles quickly! However those walls use up quite a bit of plaster and the mold needs about 3 of my usual plaster mixes to fill it up. I may have to rethink what I use to mix the plaster in, perhaps a measuring jug?

More importantly however, I've run out of plaster! I'm now going to have to scour the net for a local store/depot to pick some up from as I don't want to pay a fortune in postage and can't afford to wait for the slower shipping methods. :(

It's not all doom and gloom however, I'm using this break in my casting time to assemble what I've done so far. I have built a few floor tiles and I'm now waiting for them to set before adding walls. Of more interest visualy however is probably the first piece of "scatter" terrain which has now been assembled. It will go on the outside edge of one of the blank tiles placed along the edge of the play area and act as one of the "entry points".



No comments:

Post a Comment